Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years' reflections...


   Happy New Year to all! 

   May this time be a benchmark for me. May I reflect on what life - and the Lord of life - brought me this year. These are the questions I'm asking myself:
    If it was not what I hoped for, what did I learn from those experiences? Did I seek to grow in grace from my troubles? If I was blessed, did I give glory to the one from whom all blessings flow?
   Did I turn the moments of my life into moments of worship? Did I keep God in my knowledge for as many moments as I could? Did I "acknowledge him in all my ways”? Have I moved closer to the goal "pray without ceasing"? 
   Did I "seek my own", or did I think of others first?
   Did I seek to forgive as I have been forgiven?
   Did I commit the ministries God gave me to His leading and keeping? Was I faithful? Did I hold to His truth, and show His love?
   Did I live in faith - or did I try to "create my own miracles"? Am I learning to be content with what He gave me, or was I ungrateful?
   Was HIS vision my vision? Or was I "nearsighted" again?

  May the new year bring me closer to Jesus; it will certainly bring His return closer to US!

No comments:

Post a Comment